Wild Pacific Lingcod
6 oz portions, skinless/boneless |
Lingcod is a versatile, mild-flavored, flaky white fish of medium-firm texture that's delicious baked, broiled, grilled, or sautéed. Ours is sustainably harvested by hook and line off the coast of British Columbia.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Vacuum-sealed individual portions
- Sustainably harvested
- Product of Canada
Lingcod is a versatile white fish with a mild flavor, medium-firm texture, and large flakes.
Prized by diners in the Pacific Northwest, it's delicious baked, broiled, grilled, or sautéed.
Vital Choice lingcod is sustainably harvested by hook and line off the coast of British Columbia, Canada.
Please note: The flesh of some raw lingcod has a blue-green tinge. This harmless, naturally occuring color disappears with cooking, leaving beautiful white flesh.
Lingcod (Ophiodon elongatus) is native to the North American west coast from the Gulf of Alaska to Baja California, Mexico.
Lingcod can grow to five feet and weigh 80 pounds or more. They feed primarily on octopi, crab, and bottom-dwelling fish, and in turn are hunted by seals and other marine mammals.
Though not closely related to either ling or cod, the name "lingcod" originated because it somewhat resembles those fish. Other names for lingcod include Cultus cod, blue cod, bluefish, green cod, buffalo cod, greenling, and white cod.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Lingcod (Ophiodon elongatus)
Iron .5mg • 2%
Potassium 743mg • 15%
Total Omega-3 fatty acids: 475mg
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration below 38° F (3° C). Use within 12 hours for best results. To quick-thaw, place unopened frozen package in cool water for 30 minutes or until fish is flexible.
Cooking and serving tips
- Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water.
- Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes, until only the very center is still translucent.
- Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
- NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.
- Enliven your fish entree with seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends.
- Add the seasonings of your choice to a little olive oil and marinate the fish, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight. Or, simply mist fish lightly with olive oil or macadamia nut oil and dust with seasonings before cooking.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.