Wild Portuguese Sardine Fillets
3.5 oz tins, in organic EV olive oil |
These boneless sardine fillets are packed in certified-organic extra virgin olive oil, rich in antioxidants and flavor.
- Whole, boneless sardine fillets
- Gluten free
- Low sodium
- Easy-open top
- Packed in organic extra virgin olive oil
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
Our superbly flavorful premium Portuguese sardines abound in healthful omega-3s. They’re custom-packed for us at peak freshness by a family that's been perfecting their craft for 150 years.
What People Say
- "Your sardines in olive oil are outstanding and nothing compares to them ... better than the fresh charcoal broiled sardines I had in Morocco.” – Artemis Simopoulos, M.D., author ofThe Omega Diet
- "... these are the BEST sardines I have ever eaten!” Jean Singer, Eustis, FL
- "A clean tasting fish. No fishy taste or after taste. Oil taste is very subtle and almost hidden. A meaty, tender fish. I would eat again.” Rating: 4.5 sardines (out of 5)” – Drew, author of the Mouthful of Sardines blog
Vital Choice video: Sardine harvesting and packing
We visited our Portuguese sardine partners, video camera in hand, and captured the harvest, landing, and packing. Check it out at YouTube.
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
• Calcium 73mg • 6%
• Iron .75mg • 4%
• Potassium 72mg • 2%
*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Contains 2200mg of omega-3 fatty acids per serving.
Store in a cool dry place.
Keep canned fish in a cool place. Consume by the date stamped on each can.
Sardines are scrumptious in pasta dishes, served on crackers, and they make delicious additions to salads and pizza. Click on the Recipes tab on this page.
- Fill a medium-sized stockpot with water, add 1 teaspoon salt if desired, and bring water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Add Kamut whole-grain pasta and cook10 to 12 minutes, until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, lightly drain both cans of Vital Choice Natural Pack Albacore Tuna and set contents aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add diced tomatoes to pan and cook for 4 minutes, until heated through and beginning to bubble. Add contents of spice packet, 1/2 cup of water, and drained tuna to the pan and stir to blend. Cover pan and reduce heat to low; cook for 8 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain it well and combine with tomato and tuna mixture. Serve and enjoy.
Non-perishable shipments to Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and
Northern California may arrive faster, in 1 or 2 days.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
address, including non-perishables sent to Alaska and Hawaii.
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost more; for
more information on this and all shipping topics, see our Shipping page.