Alaskan Tanner Crabmeat
1 lb pkg, cooked & shucked | Product #FTC301
Wild Alaskan Tanner crab is a versatile local favorite, prized for its sweet, delicate flavor. Sustainably harvested in the Bering Sea, our tanner crabmeat comes to you shucked, cleaned, pre-cooked, and quick-frozen. Just thaw and serve in your favorite seafood cocktail, Crab Louie, chowder, quiche, or crab cakes!
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- Vacuum-sealed in a 1-lb package
- Recipe ready (cooked, cleaned, & shucked)
- Sustainably harvested - Seafood Watch Best Choice
- Product of Alaska
Wild Alaskan Tanner crab is a versatile local favorite, prized for its sweet, delicate flavor.
Sustainably harvested in the Bering Sea, our tanner crabmeat comes to you shucked, cleaned, pre-cooked, and quick-frozen.
Just thaw and serve in seafood cocktail, Crab Louie, chowder, quiche, or crab cakes!
Tanner crab nutrition per 3-oz serving
In addition to 20g of protein per serving, tanner crab is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, providing a healthy 410mg, which satisfies global health authorities' advice to consume 250–500mg daily.
Crab is also an excellent source of vitamin B12 (147% of the Daily Value) and provides modest amounts of several other B vitamins.
Last but not least, it's a good source of iron and an excellent source of zinc, copper, and selenium (54% of the Daily Value), which is critical to the body's internal antioxidant network.
Average Ratings: 5
Wild Alaskan Tanner Crab (Chionocetes bairdi)
Calcium 3% • Iron 14%
Total omega-3 fatty acids 410mg
Storage and thawing
Because our Tanner Crab is cooked, all you need to do is thaw and serve it chilled or warmed. (High heat will make it tough and dry.)
Thaw crab for one to two days under refrigeration. Or, to quick-thaw it, immerse the sealed packs in cold water for 30 minutes or until flexible.
Serve it in dips, bisques, pastas, chowders, omelletes, crepes, casseroles, quiches and your favorite crab cake recipes!
As an appetizer, serve cold with cocktail sauce, or broil very briefly & serve warm with salsa, pesto sauce, or melted butter.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays). Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.