Albacore Tuna Medallions
6 oz pkg contains 3-5 medallions |
Sushi-grade and small in size, our white albacore tuna is deliciously pure and abundant in omega-3s.
Each 6 oz package contains 3 to 4 skinless, boneless medallions of firm, flavorful tuna (about 3/4” thick). Troll-caught and flash-frozen at sea, our albacore is always dolphin safe.
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
- Optimal purity
- Sustainably harvested
- Monterey Bay Aquarium "Best Choice”
- Product of USA
- 6 package order = 2.25 lbs
- 12 package order = 4.5 lbs
- 24 package order = 9 lbs
*Note: Despite great care, our medallions may infrequently contain small, edible bones
All Vital Choice albacore comes from a certified-sustainable North Pacific fishery.
The boats line-catch individual tuna, using the sustainable troll method, which ensures careful handling, safety for dolphins, and very minimal by-catch.
Thanks to its sustainable harvest, albacore (Thunnus alalunga) from this fishery is categorized as a "Best Choice” by the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Vital Choice albacore tuna is harvested by our neighbor Paul Hill, who quickly flash-freezes it on his small boat to preserve the fish at its peak of freshness. Click here to learn more about our sustainably caught tuna.
Because predatory fish such as tuna accumulate mercury over time, Paul provides us with younger, smaller albacore tuna (15 lbs. or less) for optimal purity.
In addition to ample protein, albacore provides omega-3s in abundance, and substantial amounts of vitamin D.
What people say
"I never see fresh albacore in markets, so I never knew it was so good. It's as good or better than the yellowfin and bluefin I've had in sushi bars."
— Laura James, Boston, MA
Learn this food's omega 3/6 balance, and why it matters.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C). Vacuum-sealed fish held under these conditions should retain its quality for at least six to 12 months. Shellfish and lean white fish (halibut, cod) generally have a longer freezer life than fatty fish (salmon, tuna, sablefish).
NOTE: Seafood stored in frost-free freezers should be used within 3 months.
Thaw under refrigeration at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius). Before thawing, puncture or remove packaging.
For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate (if refrigerating, puncture package). Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Rinse fish quickly in cold, clean water. Cook in a medium-hot lightly oiled pan, under a broiler, or on the grill for 7-8 minutes -- or bake 12-15 minutes at 375° F -- until only only a small spot in the very center still appears translucent. Remove fish from heat and let it “self-cook” another two to three minutes, until just cooked through to center before serving.
NOTE: It is perfectly safe and healthful to serve our fish raw or partly cooked, because flash-freezing has rendered it 100% sushi-safe.Enliven your fish with healthful, flavorful seasonings such as Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade Mix or other herb-spice blends:
- Lightly coat or mist your fish with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil, and rub on the seasonings of your choice.
- Or, add the seasonings of your choice to a little of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Macadamia Nut Oil and marinate the fish in it the mix, refrigerated, for 30-60 minutes or overnight.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.