Wakame Seaweed Salad
8 oz tub, all natural
Wakame is a savory, vibrant sea vegetable that’s wonderfully rich in nutrients and low in calories.
Its zesty, salty-sweet flavor makes our Wakame Seaweed Salad the perfect accompaniment to Vital Choice seafood. Fancy that!
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
Note: If you order just one tub (Product # FSV101), your cart must contain at least one other frozen item to ensure delivered quality.
- All natural
- Gluten free
- Raw and unrefined
- No synthetic colors
- No additives or preservatives
- Only 240mg sodium per serving
- Vegetarian algal gelatin (agar agar)
- Tested free of hazardous heavy metals or radionuclides
- Product of USA / Grown off South Korea
The wakame in our seaweed salad is cultivated in wild, pristine seas off the coast of South Korea, and is certified safe.
Like wild fish and cultured shellfish, our naturally ocean-grown wakame cannot be certified organic under current USDA rules, even though it's raised without synthetic inputs.
Wakame is one of the healthiest foods on the planet, packed with vitamin A, minerals, organic iodine, the healthful omega-3 fat known as EPA, and a beneficial antioxidant called fucoxanthin.
In Traditional Chinese medicine, wakame is prized for “blood purification,” intestinal, skin and hair health, immune support, and overall wellness.
Wakame has been called “women’s seaweed,” because it’s loaded with iron and bone-building calcium, magnesium and potassium.
Chinese medical tradition holds that wakame possesses diuretic (anti-bloating) properties.
Preliminary research in rodents suggests that wakame may support weight control and metabolic health … effects attributed to its uncommon carotenoid-class antioxidant, fucoxanthin.
Finally, wakame ranks among the richest sources of fucoidan … a sulfated polysaccharide that’s shown promise in important aspects of immune-system health.
Average Ratings: 5Write a Review
Read more reviews >
Vitamin C 3%
Keep refrigerated at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Or, keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
Thaw under refrigeration.
Seaweed salad will maintain its quality for 10 days when refrigerated, and for two years when frozen.
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $4.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $9.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
For more information, see our Shipping page.