Chilean Sea Bass with Spice Rub, Corn Risotto, and Avocado Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 portions Vital Choice Chilean sea bass (4 ounces each)
- Vital Choice extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin, powdered
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ears of corn, off the cob
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 1/3 cup half and half
- ½ cup queso fresco (or mild feta cheese), grated
- 1 large Hass avocado, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Juice of half a lime
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Make salad: Mix avocado, cherry tomatoes, lime juice, salt and cilantro together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Make rub: Mix together coriander, smoked paprika and 1 teaspoon salt. Rub the fish filets all over with the spice rub. Marinate for 2 to 3 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the fish filets on a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle oil and sprinkle salt on each of the filets. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the filets.
- Make risotto: Heat a wide frying pan with the olive oil. Add cumin and sauté for a minute on medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the corn and the rice. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes on medium low heat.
- Gradually add the broth one ladle at a time, stirring the rice in between. Add the liquid as it cooks out. The risotto should take about 20 minutes to cook.
- Add the half and half and cheese to the risotto. Mix well and check for seasonings. Add salt as needed.
- Serve the avocado salad on top of the risotto and fish on the side. Enjoy!