White Fish Florentine
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Vital Choice extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 Vital Choice cod, mahi mahi, haddock, halibut, lingcod or sablefish fillets (5 to 6 ounces each), thawed
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 ounces pancetta or ¼ cup crumbled bacon (pastured pork or wild salmon)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon pepper blend
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 packages fresh baby spinach (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons prepared tapenade OR 1 can pitted chopped black olives (4 ounces), drained
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large, deep fry pan or stockpot over medium heat. Stir in garlic and pancetta and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Remove pancetta from pan; hold aside.
- Brush both sides of cod fillets with remaining oil. Place fillets in pan and cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat about 3 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn fillets over and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 2 to 5 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Remove fillets to platter; keep warm.
- Add water, spinach and pancetta to pot; cover and cook a few minutes, just until spinach is wilted. Stir to blend flavors and heat through.
- To serve, portion about 1/2 cup spinach blend onto each plate. Top with a seafood fillet and 1/2 tablespoon tapenade or 1 tablespoon olives.