A bit of spice brings grilled halibut to life. This recipe is for a gathering—or large family—but can be downsized to fit your needs. Remember to allow one to two hours for the spiced fillets to marinate.
Chili-Rubbed Halibut Kabobs
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 tablespoon fat-free Italian salad dressing
2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
1/2 avocado, medium dice
1 large tomato, medium dice
1/2 red onion, medium dice
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, small dice
juice of 1-2 limes
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Add half the lime juice, garlic, jalapeño pepper and onion to a mixing bowl. Add the avocado, tomato and cilantro; toss gently, trying not to mash the avocado.
- Taste, add more lime juice, salt and pepper as necessary.
Halibut kabob directions
- Mix the chili powder, salad dressing and crushed garlic in a bowl, and toss.
- Lightly rub the Alaska halibut cubes with the chili mixture and let marinate, refrigerated, for 1-2 hours.
- Place 5-6 halibut cubes on each of the 8 skewers. Cook the kabobs on a lightly oiled, medium-hot grill, turning until the juices run clear (approximately 8-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Place 1 skewer on each of eight serving plates; remove the halibut cubes from the skewer. Divide the salsa among the eight plates and serve.
Check out these customer favorites