In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Prep time 10 minutes
1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil or organic macadamia nut oil
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons bourbon
4 (6 oz) salmon fillet portions (with skin or skinless)
Sea salt to taste
Organic black pepper
Vegetable sauté, optional (see instructions below*)
- Rinse the salmon portions under cold water and pat dry.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, Dijon, maple syrup and bourbon. Set aside half the glaze.
- Place the salmon in a shallow dish and brush with half the glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and up to 3 hours before broiling.
- Preheat the broiler to low. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the salmon on the pan, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for about 4 minutes. Brush with the reserved glaze and continue broiling, another 4‒5 minutes, until the salmon is still pink in the very center, or just barely cooked through.
- If desired, remove the skin by sliding a spatula between the flesh and the skin, leaving the skin on the broiler pan.
- Serve immediately with the vegetable sauté.
*To make the vegetable sauté:
- Clean and trim 2 cups fresh green beans. Cut the beans in half. Wash and cut 1 small zucchini into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut kernels from 1 large ear of fresh corn.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add the beans and zucchini and sauté 3‒4 minutes or until just crisp-tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the corn kernels just before serving.