Smoked Salmon, Leek and Lemon Thyme Pasta
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces Vital Choice nova lox slices, torn into large pieces
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Organic Vital Choice extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and organic black pepper to taste
- Cook penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add capers and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from heat, keeping remaining oil in pan.
- Reduce heat to medium then add leek and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent from browning. Add lemon thyme, cook for one minute and remove from heat.
- Drain penne and return to pan. Stir in the leek mixture, smoked salmon, salt, pepper, and sour cream. Serve topped with capers and a few sprigs of thyme.