Seared Scallops with Pomegranate-Cucumber Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 to 16 Vital Choice sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons Vital Choice extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/3 finely diced seedless cucumber
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch dry mustard
- 8 cups seasonal/spring salad greens (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (about 3/4 to 1 ounces)
- 1 medium seedless cucumber half, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion half, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces pomegranate seeds, pine nuts or crumbled walnuts
- Make dill cucumber dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, diced cucumber, dill, lemon juice, dry mustard and salt and pepper to taste, until blended. Cover and refrigerate, if needed, until serving.
- Make salad: Mix together salad greens and mint. Divide and portion salad mix among 4 dinner plates, then drizzle on dressing. Garnish each salad with one-fourth of the cucumbers, onions and pomegranate seeds.
- Cook scallops: Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; discard towels. Season scallops with salt. Sear scallops, about 2 minutes per side, just until opaque throughout. Place 3 to 4 scallops around each salad and enjoy.