Salmon with a Fennel, Onion, White Bean Salad and Orange-Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 Vital Choice wild salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons organic Vital Choice extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cans white beans (15 ounces each), drained and rinsed
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fennel top greens, minced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and organic black pepper, to taste
- 3 cans tomato juice (5.5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Make white bean salad: Mix beans, fennel bulb and greens, red onion, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
- Make orange-tomato sauce: Bring tomato juice, orange juice concentrate, salt and pepper to a simmer in a small saucepan; keep warm.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet or ridged stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn salmon over and season with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, place 1/2 cup bean salad in the middle of a plate. Pour 1/4 cup sauce around the beans and top with salmon portion. Garnish with fennel tops (optional).