Plank-Grilled Salmon with Sunny Rub
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Vital Choice wild Alaskan salmon fillets, skinless or skin-on
- Vital Choice cedar grilling planks
- Vital Choice organic extra-virgin olive oil, for the planks
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon organic lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Soak wood planks in water for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Blend all dry ingredients (except salmon) in a small bowl.
- Pat wood plank with paper towels and spray-coat or lightly oil one side. Lay salmon on coated side of plank; spread 1 to 2 teaspoons of rub mixture onto each salmon portion (not skin) or apply all the rub to a 24 ounce sockeye fillet side. Let the salmon rest 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill on medium-high heat. Grill salmon using indirect heat (not directly over heat) in covered grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook just until salmon is opaque throughout.