Sardines with Spinach and Linguine
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 can Vital Choice sardine fillets
- ½ pound whole-grain linguine (or less if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Vital Choice organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced (or more if not using radish)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups spinach leaves (or more if preferred)
- ¼ cup radishes, sliced thinly (or sliced red/purple cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons white wine (or pasta water)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Bring a pot of salted to boil and cook the linguine until al dente (per package directions).
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan, then sauté onion, garlic and red pepper flakes until translucent.
- Add white wine, spinach, radishes and half the sardines; simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Add salt and pepper as needed, then top with the remaining sardine fillets.
- Divide linguine between plates and top with half of the warmed sardine mixture. Enjoy!