Fish Tacos with Black Bean & Mango Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 pound Vital Choice Alaskan Cod, thawed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons plus 5 tablespoons Vital Choice organic extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Juice of two lemons, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in half, seeds removed and cut into a dice
- 7 green onions, chopped, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (you can add a chipotle as well, depending on desired spice level)
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
- Sea salt
- 1 to 2 avocados, cut into one-inch pieces
- Juice of 4 limes, divided
- 5 to 6 small corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces), rinsed
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted organic cumin (powdered)
- Marinate the fish: Combine the juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons oil in a ziplock bag. Add the fish and marinate for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Make the tomato salsa: While the fish marinates, add the tomatoes, 3 green onions, 2 cloves minced garlic, juice of 1 lemon, adobo sauce, 1/2 cup cilantro and 1 teaspoon salt to a medium covered bowl. Mix well and let sit for an hour.
- Make black bean and mango salad: Combine the juice of 2 limes, honey, cumin and 2 teaspoons salt in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in 2 tablespoons oil and whisk until the dressing is emulsified. Pour dressing over black beans, mangoes, 4 green onions, 3 minced garlic cloves, pepper and 1/2 cup cilantro in a medium serving bowl and mix well. Let the salad sit for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Make avocado chunks: Add the avocadoes, juice of 2 limes and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
- Cook the fish: Take the fish pieces out of the marinade and coat with the flour. Heat a non-stick frying pan with 3 tablespoons oil. Sauté the fish on both sides until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness). Keep aside.
- Serve: Heat the tortillas and place 2 to 3 fish pieces on top. Serve with tomato salsa, avocado chunks and black bean mango salad.