Cedar Plank Salmon with Spicy Tapatío Glaze
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes | Total Time: 38 minutes
- 2 Vital Choice Cedar Grilling Planks
- 4 Vital Choice wild salmon fillet portions (4 ounces each)
- 4 bottles dark Mexican beer
- 1 tablespoon Tapatio hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons Agave nectar
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 limes, zest and juice separated
- Small bundle of fresh thyme, oregano and chives
- Pour 2 bottles of beer into 2 separate casserole dishes.
- Place a cedar plank in each one and make sure plank is submerged by beer (use a weight if needed). Let soak for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Tapatio glaze: Combine Tapatio hot sauce, garlic, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, agave and lime juice in a bowl.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove cedar planks from beer and place on the grill. Grill 2 pieces of salmon per plank.
- Grill for 4 minutes per side. While salmon is grilling, glaze with Tapatio hot sauce glaze.
- Remove from planks and roughly chop herbs.
- Serve salmon with chopped herbs and scallions.