Bourbon and Maple-Glazed Salmon
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 3 hours
- 4 Vital Choice wild salmon fillet portions (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Organic Vital Choice extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Sea salt and organic black pepper, to taste
- Rinse the salmon portions under cold water and pat dry.
- Make glaze: Combine the oil, Dijon, maple syrup and bourbon in a small bowl. Set aside half the glaze.
- Place the salmon in a shallow dish and brush with half the glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 3 hours before broiling.
- Preheat the broiler to low. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the salmon on the pan, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for about 4 minutes. Brush with the reserved glaze and continue broiling for another 4 to 5 minutes, until the salmon is still pink in the very center (just barely cooked through).
- Make the vegetable saute: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet. Add the beans and zucchini; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until just crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in the corn kernels just before serving.
- If desired, remove the salmon skin by sliding a spatula between the flesh and the skin, leaving the skin on the broiler pan. Serve immediately with the vegetable sauté.