Anise-Cilantro Salmon Sauté
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 1 hours | Total Time: 2 hours
- 4 Vital Choice wild salmon fillet portions (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Vital Choice extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 bunch parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, divided
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon anise-flavored liqueur (For example: ouzo, sambuca, Galliano, anisette or pastis. Non-alcoholic substitutes: 1/2 teaspoon aniseed, finely ground or 1/2 teaspoon anise extract.)
- 8 potatoes, washed but unpeeled
- 6 ounces low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Make marinade: Combine parsley, 3 cloves garlic, orange zest, cilantro, cardamom and anise in a food processor.
- Pour marinade over the salmon fillets and marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Boil potatoes, then mash with yogurt, 1 clove garlic, olive oil and butter.
- Remove salmon fillets from the marinade and sauté in a lightly oiled pan until just done.
- Serve salmon warm over the mashed potatoes.