In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
This recipe is adapted from one by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD and Liz Weiss, MS, RD, the co-founders of Meal Makeover Moms.
Their version is cooked in foil which we prefer to avoid, partly because of lingering suspicions about an aluminum-Alzheimer's connection and partly because bauxite/aluminum mining is often problematic.
Tuscan Halibut in Foil
Four (6 oz) Alaskan Halibut fillet portions
Sea salt and organic black pepper
1 small zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced in 1/4-inch slices
1 small yellow squash, cut in quarters lengthwise, then sliced in 1/4-inch slices
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried chopped organic basil
- Cut four 12 inch square pieces of cooking parchment and set aside.
- Pat the Halibut portions dry with paper towels. Place one portion in the middle of each piece of parchment. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the zucchini, squash, olives, cheese, olive oil, and basil in a bowl. Divide the mixture evenly and place on top of the Halibut portions (about 1/2 cup per serving).
- Fold the parchment and seal the edges with narrow folds, pierced by moist toothpicks, or paperclips, etc. Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 18 minutes.
- Open the packets (be careful of the steam!), place on individual plates, and serve immediately with rice or pasta.