In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Customize the sweet and spicy notes to your liking by using your favorite Thai chili sauce, store-bought or homemade.
Brightly flavored and simple to prepare, this recipe works well with any of the salmon species that come in your Vital Box. To achieve the perfect doneness, we recommend cooking with the skin on and to an internal temperature of 120 F. (If you don’t already have one, an instant-read thermometer is an indispensable tool.) This recipe is written for four 6-oz portions; reduce the cooking time accordingly if using 4-oz portions.
- Four 6-oz portions Vital Choice wild Alaskan salmon (skin-on), thawed
- ¼ cup Thai chili sauce
- ¼ cup minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- Fresh Thai basil sprigs for garnish
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the chili sauce, scallions, tamari, ginger, lime juice and zest.
- Place the salmon skin-side up in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Position oven rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 525 F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. In the prepared pan, place the marinated salmon portions skin-side down and two inches apart; top each portion with the remaining marinade.
- Broil 5–7 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 120 F.
- Remove from pan immediately to prevent overcooking.
- Garnish with Thai basil and serve with sautéed baby bok choy.
—Recipe by Michelle Lee for Vital Choice.