In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Whole 30 approved
THAI SHRIMP SOUP
with red curry and coconut
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 ½ cups chicken bone broth
- 2 cans (13.5oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp lemongrass*
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- Veggies as desired (we used brocolli and red peppers)
- Heat a Tbsp coconut oil in soup pan. Once pan is hot, carefully add the shrimp, then cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side (depending on their size), until the outsides are seared and pink but the inside isn’t completely cooked through yet. Remove the shrimp & set aside.
- In the same soup pan, heat the another Tbsp coconut oil and add onions, ginger and garlic, plus a small pinch of salt. Sauté over medium heat until the onions become translucent then stir in the curry paste until any clumps are broken up (about 30 seconds)
- Combine the coconut milk, 1 ¼ cups of the broth, fish sauce, and lemongrass in a small bowl. Whisk & set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium low and add Coconut mixture. Cook on medium low for 5 minutes.
- Stir in your veggies and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Right before serving - add the shrimp