Metal skewers (or wooden skewers that have been soaked for 30 minutes)
½ fresh pineapple, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
2 fresh broccoli heads, broken into bite-sized florets
¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
3 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
3 tsp. honey
1 tsp. macadamia nut oil and/or toasted sesame oil (we recommend using a 50/50 blend of macadamia nut oil and toasted sesame oil)
1 tsp. fresh crushed ginger
1 tsp. garlic powder
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
1 lime, cut into wedges
Brown, red, or purple rice (or other whole grain)
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Clean and oil grates.
2. Add pineapple, broccoli and sea scallops to skewers, alternating. If you have more broccoli and pineapple than scallops, make a skewer or two without scallops.
3. Make the marinade by combining rice vinegar, soy sauce, 2 tsp. honey, oil, ginger, and garlic powder in a bowl and mixing well.
4. Set aside ¼ of the marinade in a separate bowl (you’ll use this for the peanut sauce).
5. Brush marinade on both sides of scallop skewers.
6. In a small bowl, heat peanut butter and honey for 15 seconds in the microwave. Stir to combine, then stir in the reserved unused marinade. Mix well.
7. Place skewers on grill. Discard any remaining marinade.
8. Flip skewers after 2-3 minutes and grill until scallops turn white or opaque and are slightly firm to the touch, about 6-8 minutes total. Remove from grill.
9. Serve skewers with peanut dipping sauce, lime wedges and brown rice.