In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
- Mix salt, pepper and garlic powder together. Sprinkle the seasoning mix on all sides of the roast.
- Heat a heavy skillet or small Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil. Sear roast on all sides until brown. Remove roast from pan and set aside.
- Turn down heat to medium, add onions cook until soft. Add tomatoes, beef stock, vinegar, bay leaves, wine, and water to pan. Return roast to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours until tender.
- Remove roast to a plate and cover to keep warm. Turn the heat to high and reduce sauce by half.
- Strain sauce, add more salt if needed, serve over roast or on the side.