2 bunches tuscan kale (10 ounces), stems removed (also known as dinosaur or lacinato kale)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup (optional)
1 small shallot, peeled
1 clove of garlic, peeled
1/2 serrano chili (optional)
4 sprigs cilantro, plus more for garnish if desired
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Roughly chop the stemmed kale into 2 inch pieces and mix lightly with extra virgin olive oil and salt, to taste.
3. In a blender, combine flesh of one avocado, dijon mustard, agave or honey, shallot, garlic, chili, cilantro, lime, cider vinegar and kosher salt. With the blender on high, add in olive oil until everything is combined.
4. Cut the second avocado into small pieces and mix with vinaigrette. Set aside.
5. Season the salmon to taste with extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt.
6. Place the salmon on baking sheet and spread kale around the salmon. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. To serve, place the salmon on a plate with crispy kale. Spoon the vinaigrette on top or serve on the side, to taste. Garnish with toasted walnuts and additional cilantro.