White Bean Salad
2 cans (15 oz each) white beans, drained and rinsed
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fennel top greens, minced
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
3 cans (5.5 oz each) tomato juice
2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
Sea salt and organic black pepper, to taste
- Bring ingredients to a simmer in a small saucepan; keep warm.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet or ridged stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3‒4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn salmon over and season with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 3‒4 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, place 1/2 cup beans in the middle of a plate. Pour 1/4 cup sauce around the beans and top with salmon portion. Garnish with fennel tops (optional).
Nutrients per serving: 444 calories, 16.5 total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 33% calories from fat, 84 mg cholesterol, 34 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 386 mg sodium, 146 mg calcium, and 1 g omega-3 fatty acids.