1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 medium zucchini, 1/2 inch thick slices
1 medium sweet bell pepper, cut in 1-inch cubes
1/2 fresh pineapple cut in chunks or one 16 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
Fresh tarragon (optional)
1. Thaw salmon and scallops, if frozen. Cut salmon into 1-inch cubes.
2. Mix marinade: combine pineapple juice, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard, and salt. Place salmon and scallops in plastic bag or glass jar set into a shallow dish. Add marinade; seal bag. Turn fish and scallops to coat well. Chill for 1‒2 hours, turning once.
3. Cook zucchini with a small amount of boiling water for 3-4 minutes in a covered medium saucepan while the seafood marinates. Drain and cool when nearly tender. Cut sweet pepper into 1-inch pieces.
4. Remove seafood from bag, reserving marinade. On eight metal skewers alternately thread salmon, scallops, zucchini, sweet pepper, and pineapple. Brush with marinade. Grill on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8‒12 minutes or until scallops turn opaque and salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once. (Do not overcook!) Garnish with fresh tarragon, if desired.
5. Optional: grill by indirect heat. Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan in a covered grill. Test for medium heat above pan. Place skewers on grill over drip pan. Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until scallops turn opaque and salmon flakes under firm pressure from a fork.