This summer seafood dish could not be easier or quicker!
Grilling is the ideal way to go, but you certainly could saute cod in a pan, or when the weather is not too hot, roast it in the oven.
The perfect accompaniment would be grilled vegetables – we suggest peppers, sweet onions, and zucchini – corn on the cob, and a crisp, cool green salad.
Our Organic Salmon Marinade (available with or without salt) enhances just about anything you cook, and would be great on grilled vegetables.
For that matter, you can simply brush cod fillets in a mixture of olive oil and our Organic Salmon Marinade, before and during grilling.
Plank-Grilled Alaskan Cod
Makes 4 Servings
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes (just until fish flakes easily with a fork)
2 tbsp. stone-ground mustard
1 tbsp. honey (optional)
4 (6-oz.) cod fillets
1 or 2 alder planks (as needed to fit the fish), soaked according to package directions
- Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F).
- Place plank on grill. Grill the plank, covered, 2 minutes, to heat it. Turn plank over; grill, covered, 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mustard and honey. Brush on both sides of fillets, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fillets on plank. Grill, covered, 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer to a serving platter, and serve.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 88; Fat: 0g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 48mg; Sodium 365mg; Carbohydrate 4g; Fiber 0g; Protein: 16g
Check out these customer favorites