In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
This faux-Polynesian recipe for Alaskan halibut brings 1950's-era Tiki bars to mind, and it's timelessly good.
Prep time 15 minutes; Cook time 15 minutes
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 or 2 Tablespoons honey (optional)
1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges, drained and coarsely chopped
1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained
1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped or 1/2 Tablespoon dried chives
2 teaspoons lemon peel or 1/2 teaspoon dried lemon peel
4 Alaskan Halibut fillets (6 oz or 4 oz each)
2 Tablespoons organic extra virgin olive or macadamia nut oil
1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- Combine lemon juice and honey in medium mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss together gently.
- Mixture can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler or grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of halibut with oil. Place on a spray-coated broiling pan or well-oiled grill, 5 to 6 inches from heat. Cook 5 minutes.
- Turn halibut over and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Remove halibut to individual serving plates and top with spoonfuls of salsa.
Nutrients per serving: 349 calories, 11g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 28% calories from fat, 54mg cholesterol, 37g protein, 25g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 271mg sodium, 104mg calcium and 1.5g omega-3 fatty acids.