In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
with shucked tails or shucked meat
16oz shucked lobster tails or meat
3 cloves garlic
1 medium jalapeño pepper and/or small sweet pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 fresh basil leaves (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a generous pinch of the salt; as soon as it has dissolved, turn off the heat.
- Slide a thin bamboo skewer through the center of each tail or each piece of lobster meat; this will keep the meat from curling during cooking. Trim the skewers as needed so they'll fit in the pot.
- Add the lobster meat to the pot and cook for 1 minute; they will not be cooked through.
- Gently remove/discard the skewers, then cut the meat into 1/2-inch slices. Transfer the lobster meat to a stainless-steel or heatproof pan just large enough to hold it.
- Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of the lemon halves over the lobster tails.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices. Stem and seed the jalapeño pepper or sweet pepper, then cut it into thin slices.
- Place the garlic and pepper slices in a small saucepan, along with the oil.
- Heat over medium to medium-high heat, just until the temperature of the oil registers 190 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Pour the oil over the sliced lobster; let cool just until the oil registers 120 degrees on the thermometer. The lobster will finish cooking (to just opaque inside) and become tender.
- Stack and roll the basil leaves, if using, then cut them into thin ribbons.
- Divide the lobster meat between plates. Drizzle a little of the oil over each one, then garnish with a few slices of the pepper and the basil. Season lightly with black pepper. Serve right away.