In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Our light, luscious Alaskan Halibut and vibrant organic fruits make perfect dinner companions.
Halibut offers lean protein and omega-3s, and its mild, versatile flavor is complemented by our bold organic berries, which infuse the proceedings with sweet, tangy sensations, ample fiber, and abundant antioxidants.
Together, their contrasting sensory attributes and nutritional constituents create wonderful culinary and health synergies.
Hazelnut Halibut with Organic Berry Sauce
This recipe is adapted from SeafoodHealth.com, which is supported by McCormick & Schmick's reliably good seafood restaurants.
Note: Frozen berries will work much better than fresh ones because they yield a thicker, more intensely flavorful sauce. You needn't use all three varieties, as any one or two will make a delicious sauce. We recommend serving the sauce unheated to preserve its delicate flavors.
4 (6 oz each) Alaskan Halibut fillet portions
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive or macadamia nut oil
1 cup finely chopped, crushed organic hazelnuts
Extra virgin olive or macadamia nut oil (for pan)
2 cups frozen organic raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries, thawed
- Thaw fish and berries. To defrost the Halibut quickly, place fillets (still in unopened bag) in cold water for 20‒30 minutes.
- Chop hazelnuts into small bits in a food processor and set aside.
- Puree the berries in a food processor. Strain the puree to remove the seeds, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Brush thawed Halibut with oil and roll it in the hazelnut bits, coating well. Brush a baking pan with oil and place the fish in the pan. Bake for 8‒10 minutes or until the fish flakes.
- Drizzle the berry puree over the fish and serve, and/or serve it on the side.