2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
2 cups greens (rainbow chard, kale or spinach)
1 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
5 to 6 radishes
1 large lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Make tuna marinade: Combine mustard, olive oil, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl.
2. Pour marinade over tuna and turn to make sure all pieces are well coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before grilling.
3. While the tuna marinates, prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Rough chop greens and parsley; slice radishes; juice the lemon.
4. As soon as the quinoa is done, stir in the greens. The heat of the quinoa effectively wilts them to the perfect doneness.
5. Stir in the lemon juice, radishes, parsley and olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until tuna is done; can keep warm or place in the fridge to enjoy cold.
6. Brush grill with olive oil and heat the grill (or broiler) to 350 degrees F.
7. Grill over hot coals for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side, or until charred on the outside and still a little pink in the middle. Do not overcook!
8. Enjoy the freshly cooked tuna medallions with the quinoa salad on the side.