In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
A light yogurt sauce supplies healthy zip to this luscious, Mediterranean-accented burger.
- 6 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces hothouse cucumbers (unpeeled), coarsely grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb lean ground beef (can substitute bison)
- 4 ounces zucchini, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 jar (7 oz) roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 sourdough rolls, split
- Shredded romaine (optional)
- Sliced cucumber (optional)
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, cucumbers, garlic and juice; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix beef, zucchini, feta, onion, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Form beef mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Coat a grill pan or grill rack with cooking spray.
- Grill patties over medium-high heat, flipping once, about 5 minutes each side, until internal temperature reaches 160°.
- Divide roasted peppers evenly among bottom roll halves; top with 1 burger, 1/4 yogurt sauce and lettuce and cucumber, if desired. Top each with other half of roll.
Nutrition per serving:
- 459 calories
- 11 g fat (5 g saturated)
- 46 g carbs
- 2 g fiber
- 40 g protein
*Courtesy of Self Magazine