1/2 cup dry white vermouth
2 sprigs fresh marjoram, plus 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram leaves
2 sprigs fresh thyme
10 ounces Fettuccine pasta
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 cup roughly chopped fresh or canned tomatoes
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and add a heaping tablespoon of salt.
2. In the meantime, in a medium saucepan, add the clams, vermouth, marjoram sprigs and thyme. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove opened clams.
3. Add pasta to pot of boiling, salted water. Cook until al dente (about 3 minutes). Strain and set aside.
4. Discard marjoram and thyme from clam broth. Strain broth and reserve.
5. Remove clams from shells and chop. Chop parsley and marjoram.
6. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add butter, olive oil and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute.
7. Add tomatoes; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chopped clams, marjoram, parsley and reserved clam broth.
8. Add al dente pasta and cook until it reaches desired level of doneness.
9. Divide between serving plates and drizzle with olive oil. Enjoy!