made with alaskan crab
4 MAIN COURSE OR 8 APPETIZER SERVINGS
recipe courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups soft French bread crumbs
- 8 ounces fresh cooked crab meat or canned crab meat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tartar sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green sweet pepper
Cook celery and onion in the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet until tender; cool slightly.
Combine egg, mayonnaise or salad dressing, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground red pepper in a mixing bowl. Add celery mixture, bread crumbs, crab meat, and the red and green sweet pepper. Mix well. Shape into 12 cakes.
Cook the crab cakes in the 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with tartar sauce. Makes 8 appetizer servings or 4 main course servings.
Per serving: 101 kcal cal., 8 g fat (1 g sat. fat, 43 mg chol., 136 mg sodium, 3 g carb., 0 g fiber, 4 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 caorie diet