8 slices grilled zucchini, sliced 3/8 inch thick on bias
8 pieces grilled red and yellow pepper, cut in 1.5 x 2.5 inch triangles
8 slices eggplant
8 stalks asparagus
4 tablespoons goat cheese
Minced parsley as needed
4 cups unfiltered raw honey
Sea salt and organic black pepper to taste
12 large Portobello musrooms, stem and underbelly removed
4 tomatoes, julienned
8 dozen whole fresh parsley leaves
8 cups sundried tomatoes, rough chop by hand
4 large shallots, minced
8 scallions, bias cut
12 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. Prepare the honey balsamic glaze: reduce 8 cups balsamic vinegar and 4 cups honey by half in saucepan until it has a glaze consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Cool and reserve for use.
2. Marinate portobellos in 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme, 1 teaspoon sea salt and organic black pepper for 10 minutes.
3. Remove portobellos from marinade and grill on both sides until done. Remove from grill and cool. Cut portobellas in half and thinly julienne. Toss cut portobellos, 4 large julienned tomatoes, 8 dozen whole fresh parsley leaves and reserved liquid together and hold for service.
4. Prepare sundried tomato pesto by combining sundried tomatoes, shallots, scallions, red wine vinegar, 6 cups organic extra virgin olive oil and sea salt and organic black pepper to taste. Allow mixture to sit for 24 hours before serving.
5. Prepare (pre-soak) cedar planks according to package instructions.
6. Cut eggplant in 3/8 inch discs and lay out flat on a sheet tray. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and let rest for 10 minutes to draw out the bitterness. Rinse the eggplant under cold water and place in a mixing bowl. Season with olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Grill over medium high heat on one side only, turning once to create nice grill marks. Remove from grill and brush heavily with the honey balsamic glaze. Must be glazed immediately and heavily before the eggplant cools. Cool and reserve for service.
7. Prepare the grilled vegetables. Cut zucchini on a 3/8 inch bias and place in a mixing bowl. Cut peppers in half, remove the seeds and white pith, then cut in quarters. Cut the quartered bell peppers in half diagonally and place in mixing bowl. Season with olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper. Grill on medium high heat, one side only, making nice grill marks. Cool and reserve for service.
8. Arrange eggplant and zucchini on plank and top with peppers. Season salmon fillets with olive oil, salt and pepper then place on cedar planks and grill, covered, until just done.
9. Top cooked salmon and veggies with sundried tomato pesto, portobello relish and Honey Balsamic Glaze. Brush salmon with parsley butter (optional). Presentation suggestion: place portobello relish on top of salmon and asparagus behind the plank on the platter. Garnish with goat cheese and parsley and serve.