1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
3 scallions, sliced, greens and whites separated
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground organic cumin
3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground organic pepper, divided
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup whole-wheat couscous
1/4 cup raw organic cashews
1. Toast chopped cashews: Cook in a small, dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned (2 to 4 minutes).
2. Preheat grill to medium-high or position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
3. Combine yogurt, scallion greens, lemon juice, cilantro, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger, scallion whites and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
5. Meanwhile, rub salmon with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. If broiling, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. If grilling, oil the grill rack by drizzling oil on a folded paper towel, holding it with tongs and brushing it over the rack - do not use cooking spray on a hot grill. Grill or broil the salmon until browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
6. Serve salmon over couscous, topped with yogurt sauce and cashews.