5 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch of cayenne
3/4 teaspoon agave nectar
2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1 cup diced mango
1 cup diced avocado
3 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
1. Make mango avocado salsa: Mix mango, avocado, bell pepper, 3 tablespoons cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and a pinch of cayenne together in a medium bowl. For optimal flavor, let the salsa sit for 30 minutes before using.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly oil an ovenproof pan large enough to accommodate all of the fillets in a single layer.
3. Make the marinade: Combine the lime juice, brown rice vinegar, sea salt, cumin, cayenne, agave nectar, olive oil and cilantro; whisk until thoroughly blended. Coat the halibut in marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Pat the fillets dry with paper towels and place them in the prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.To be certain the fish is done, push a two-pronged kitchen fork straight down into the flesh.
5. Top with mango avocado salsa and serve immediately.