2 1/2 teaspoons adobo seasoning, divided
2 1/2 teaspoons ground organic cumin, divided
1 3/4 teaspoons dried organic oregano, divided
2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons canned, diced jalapeños or 1 small fresh jalapeño, seeded and diced
1 can black beans (15 ounces), drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn (15 ounces), drained
4 ounces bell peppers (1 cup), slivered
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon minced garlic (or organic garlic granules)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or organic cayenne pepper
1. In a large (12-inch) nonstick pan or stockpot, heat broth, 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano, 2 sliced garlic cloves and jalapeños over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes.
2. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaskan Cod fillets under cold water. Turn off heat and gently add seafood to pan of broth, skin side down. Return heat to a simmer.
3. Once simmering, cover pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes for frozen cod or 2 minutes for thawed fish. Turn off heat and let seafood rest 5 minutes or until cod is opaque throughout. Remove fish; cover and keep warm.
4. Make dressing: Blend rice vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic (or granules), 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes (or cayenne) and 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano in a small bowl or jar.
5. In a separate bowl, combine black beans, corn, bell pepper and cilantro. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir gently.
6. Serve cod portions with black bean salad.