Wakame Seaweed Salad
8 oz tub, all natural | Product #FSD201
Wakame is a savory, vibrant sea vegetable that’s wonderfully rich in nutrients and low in calories.
Its zesty, salty-sweet flavor makes our Wakame Seaweed Salad the perfect accompaniment to Vital Choice seafood. Fancy that!
Due to demand, this product is temporarily out of stock. Sign up for our waitlist and be the first to know when it’s back!
Out of Stock
Vital Choice Guarantee: We'll replace your product or refund your money if you're not satisfied.
on orders over $99
- All natural
- Gluten free
- Raw and unrefined
- No synthetic colors
- No additives or preservatives
- Only 240mg sodium per serving
- Vegetarian algal gelatin (agar agar)
- Tested free of hazardous heavy metals or radionuclides
- Product of USA / Grown off South Korea
The wakame in our seaweed salad is cultivated in wild, pristine seas off the coast of South Korea, and is certified safe.
Like wild fish and cultured shellfish, our naturally ocean-grown wakame cannot be certified organic under current USDA rules, even though it's raised without synthetic inputs.
Wakame is one of the healthiest foods on the planet, packed with vitamin A, minerals, organic iodine, the healthful omega-3 fat known as EPA, and a beneficial antioxidant called fucoxanthin.
In Traditional Chinese medicine, wakame is prized for “blood purification,” intestinal, skin and hair health, immune support, and overall wellness.
Wakame has been called “women’s seaweed,” because it’s loaded with iron and bone-building calcium, magnesium and potassium.
Chinese medical tradition holds that wakame possesses diuretic (anti-bloating) properties.
Preliminary research in rodents suggests that wakame may support weight control and metabolic health … effects attributed to its uncommon carotenoid-class antioxidant, fucoxanthin.
Finally, wakame ranks among the richest sources of fucoidan … a sulfated polysaccharide that’s shown promise in important aspects of immune-system health.
Average Ratings: 5
Read more reviews >
Seaweed, agar-agar, sesame seed, sesame oil, Kikurage mushroom, sugar, vinegar, salt, red pepper.
Vitamin C 3%
Keep refrigerated at or below 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius).
Or, keep frozen at or below 0° F (-18° C).
Thaw under refrigeration.
Seaweed salad will maintain its quality for 10 days when refrigerated, and for two years when frozen.
Frozen foods are packed with dry ice
and ship Monday through Wednesday (except holidays).
Frozen foods ship via 2nd Day Air service or 1-3 Day Express Ground service, depending on shipping date and destination.
Standard Shipping Fees
- Up to $49.99 = $6.95 shipping
- $50 - $98.99 = $12.95 shipping
- $99 and over = FREE shipping
Overnight shipping and other premium services cost extra; for more information, see our Shipping page. (Live shellfish ship overnight at no extra cost.)
- We cannot ship perishable goods to PO boxes.
- Free standard shipping applies to all orders of $99 or more sent to any U.S. street address.
- Perishable shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are subject to surcharges; please see our Shipping page.
When will my frozen foods arrive?
- Orders placed Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or before 10 AM Tuesday will ship on Tuesday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
- Orders placed between 10 AM Tuesday and 10 AM Wednesday will ship on Wednesday* to arrive 1-2 days later.
- Orders placed after 10 AM on Wednesday through 12:00 midnight Friday will ship on Monday* to arrive 1-3 days later.
*Except when a holiday falls on the designated shipping day.
For more information, see our Shipping page.