Salmon Farfalle with Parsley and Olive-Mustard Butter
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 Vital Choice wild salmon portions (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons organic Vital Choice extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup pitted and halved kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Boil a large pot of salted water over high heat. Add pasta and boil until cooked but still slightly chewy, about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil and shallots and cook, stirring until soft but not brown (about 3 minutes). Add olives and mustard; stir to combine. Add salmon and cook, stirring, until just cooked through (about 3 minutes). Add parsley and the salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Drain pasta. Add it to sauce; toss to coat. Divide pasta among warmed plates, spooning any remaining salmon, olives and capers on top.