Salmon Mushroom Risotto
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 portions Vital Choice wild Pacific king salmon (6 ounces each), thawed
- 12 ounces Vital Choice Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 packages risotto with mushrooms (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (button, crimini or porcini), cut into bite-size pieces
- Pepper, to taste
- 10 to 12 ounces fresh asparagus stalks, sliced into 2-inch pieces and/or peas, blanched
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Prepare risotto according to package directions adding mushrooms, but cooking just three-quarters of total time, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- While risotto is cooking, bring chicken broth to a simmer in a large (12-inch) nonstick pan or stockpot.
- Rinse thawed salmon under cold water.
- Turn off heat and gently add salmon to the chicken broth, skin side down (if skin-on). Return to a simmer, cover pan and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let the salmon rest in liquid for 5 minutes, until opaque throughout. Remove salmon from broth, season with pepper and cool slightly.
- Add asparagus/peas and Parmesan to partially cooked risotto; finish cooking risotto.
- Break salmon into large chunks (removing skin, if any). Gently fold salmon and basil into risotto.