Alaskan Cod Parmesan with Zucchini “Noodles”
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 Vital Choice Alaskan Cod or Halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 medium zucchini (5 to 6 ounces each), sliced thinly on mandolin or with a peeler
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Vital Choice extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Sauté zucchini slices in butter and oil in a nonstick or lightly greased skillet, just until soft. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Keep warm.
- Heat oven to broil setting. Mix 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, oregano and onion powder together. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Divide and spread topping onto the top of each fillet.
- Place fillets on foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 5 to 7 inches from broiler element for 3 minutes, or until top is browned and bubbly. Reduce heat to 300°F and continue to cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, place 1/4 of zucchini on each plate. Top with a cod fillet and garnish with 1/2 tablespoon shredded cheese.