In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
This salad is best tossed together right before serving, so the pesto and flavors stay bright.
Wild Salmon Pesto Pasta Salad
Prep time 10 minutes; Cook time 15 minutes
Cook's tip: This salad is best tossed together right before serving, so the pesto and flavors stay bright.
- 8 ounces dry, small shell pasta (regular or gluten-free)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup high-quality light Italian salad dressing
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch half-moon slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) traditional-style canned Alaska salmon OR 2 cans or pouches (6 to 7.1 oz. each) skinless, boneless salmon, drained and chunked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain well. Let cool slightly then toss with the garlic, pesto and dressing. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the zucchini in a covered microwavable container and cook on high for 2 minutes or until just tender and bright green.
- Toss the blanched zucchini, tomatoes, onion and peas into the pasta and stir to combine. Gently fold in drained salmon; season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or chill before serving.
Nutrients per serving:
310 calories, 16g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 46% calories from fat, 30mg cholesterol, 17g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 485mg sodium, 214mg calcium and 1300mg omega-3 fatty acids.