10 ounces chopped spinach
2 cups mashed potatoes, chilled
2 1/2 cups panko or bread crumbs
4 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
1 teaspoon organic black pepper
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon organic dried dill
2 tablespoons canned horseradish (optional)
1. Squeeze as much water from spinach as possible. Place in a bowl and add potatoes, salmon, 1 cup panko, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; mix well to combine.
2. Place 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs in a wide, shallow bowl. Place 2 eggs in a separate bowl and beat lightly. Place flour in a third bowl.
3. Form spinach mixture into 3-inch patties, about 3/4-inch thick. Dip each patty into flour, tap off excess, then the egg, letting excess drip into bowl. Coat evenly with panko crumbs. Transfer patties to a large baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
4. Meanwhile, make garlic dill cream sauce: In a mortar and pestle or with the back of a knife, mash garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt together to make a paste. Stir in to the sour cream. Add dill and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Chill until ready to serve.
5. Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in batches, turning once halfway through, until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve hot, with a dollop of garlic dill cream.