1 can sliced ripe olives (4 ounces), drained
3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons organic paprika
1 teaspoon organic ground cumin
1 teaspoon organic turmeric
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or organic cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons slivered red onion
1. Reserve 2 tablespoons of olives.
2. Blend remaining olives, yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper flakes; set aside.
3. Rinse salmon under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Brush both sides of salmon with oil. Place salmon in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
5. Turn salmon over and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
6. To serve, spoon a dollop of sauce over each salmon portion; sprinkle on reserved olives and slivered onion.