In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
- Four portions wild Alaskan salmon, halibut or cod; thawed
- 2 lemons, cut into slices and wedges
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, cooked and cut into bitesize pieces
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 4 teaspoons non-pareil capers
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 springs fresh baby dill
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- On a work surface, place four squares of heavy-duty aluminum foil approximately 12 to 14” in length/width. Top each square with a same-size piece of unbleached baking parchment.
- Place a lemon slice in the center of each packet, and top with a portion of fish skin side down. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the potatoes, tomatoes, and olives between the four packets, arranging them on/around the fish in a tidy mound.
- Sprinkle with capers and top with a sprig each of dill and oregano.
- To close each packet, bring opposite sides together over the ingredients and fold them down a couple times as if closing a sack lunch. Then fold the ends toward the center 2 – 3 times, creasing them neatly to ensure leakproof seals.
- Bake or grill for 10 minutes: Preheat oven to 450 F or prep the grill for medium-high heat. Place packets seam-side up on a sheet pan and bake on center rack in oven, or place packets seam-side up directly on grill. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place packets on individual plates and carefully open the center seam to reveal the steaming contents. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and garnish with crumbled feta and lemon wedges.