In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
This Mediterranean-accented recipe couldn’t be easier or produce a more delicious result!
Note: You could use a covered barbecue grill instead of an oven, along as it has a temperature gauge, so you can be sure that the temperature is about 400° F, as called for in the recipe.
You can serve the halibut over the veggies, with the veggies spooned on top, or with the veggies on the side.
Halibut with Zucchini, Mushrooms, and Tomato
Prep time 10 minutes; Cook time 15 minutes
- 4 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (4 oz or 6 oz)
- 6 oz cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces), sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 3 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (around 4 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven or large barbecue grill with cover to 400F.
- Arrange the halibut and vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Brush over the halibut and drizzle the rest over the vegetables. Toss the vegetables so they are evenly coated, then arrange in as flat a layer as possible on the sheet around the halibut.
- Bake for 14 minutes, or until the halibut is opaque, flakes easily, and is just cooked through. Serve the halibut with the vegetables.
Nutrients per serving:
322 calories, 16g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 137 calories from fat, 122mg cholesterol, 38g protein, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 631mg sodium, 54mg calcium and 1,190mg omega-3 fatty acids.