In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
This recipe works great whether you use a grill plank, cook straight on the grill, or roast in the oven.
Prep time 15 minutes; Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
Chef’s Tip: This recipe works great whether you use a plank or cook straight on the grill. Or, roast the salmon at 400°F (6 to 7 inches from heat source) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 pounds wild salmon fillets
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Chipotle chiles*
- Grill planks (optional)
*Canned chiles in adobo sauce. Remove seeds, if desired, to reduce heat.
- Soak wood plank in water 30 minutes to 2 hours (plank is optional).
- Sprinkle vinegar onto Alaska Salmon (1 teaspoon per individual portion or 2 tablespoons per salmon side). Blend remaining ingredients.
- Pat wood plank with paper towels and spray-coat or lightly oil one side. Lay salmon on coated side of plank; spread 1 to 2 teaspoons rub mixture onto each salmon portion (not skin) or apply all of the rub to salmon side. Let the salmon rest 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill salmon using indirect heat (not directly over heat) in covered grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook just until salmon is opaque throughout, or remove fish from grill while it's still pink in the very center, cover, and allow to self-cook for a few minutes.