In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
Grilled/Broiled Alaska Halibut with a Green Chili Blanket
This recipe comes to us courtesy of Toni Bocci of Cordova, Alaska.
Prep time 10 minutes
1/2 cup mayonnaise or low-fat plain yogurt
1 can (4 oz.) mild diced green chili peppers
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
4 (4 to 6 oz. each) Alaska Halibut fillets
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or chives
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (or use hot oven broiler).
- Combine mayonnaise (or low-fat plain yogurt), green chilies and lime juice; set aside.
- Place halibut on oiled grill grate (uncovered) or under broiler. Cook 5 minutes.
- Turn halibut over and liberally spoon mayonnaise mixture onto cooked side of each portion.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until fish is opaque throughout.
Nutrients per serving: 362 calories, 26g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 65% calories from fat, 59mg cholesterol, 30g protein, 2g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 341mg sodium, 110mg calcium and .6g omega-3 fatty acids.