In the Kitchen with Vital Choice
Recipes • Seafood How-To Videos • Recipe Videos • Storage & Cooking Tips
Chef Recipe Videos
Recipes by Category
So easy and delicious that you'll want to make this on repeat!
This spicy, citrusy Tapatio glaze elevates the flavors of our Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon. Plus, cooking the fish directly on the wood gives it a wonderful, smokey aroma and melt-in-your-mouth texture that’s incredibly addicting.
- 4 bottles dark Mexican beer
- 2 Vital Choice Cedar Grilling Planks
- 2 4-oz portions Vital Choice Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 1 Tbls. Tapatio hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 Tbls. Agave nectar
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 limes-zest and juice separated
- Small bundle of fresh thyme, oregano, chives
- Pour 2 bottles of beer into 2 separate casserole dishes.
- Place a cedar plank in each one and make sure plank is submerged by beer (use a
weight if needed).
- Let soak for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make Tapatio glaze. Combine Tapatio hot sauce, garlic, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, agave and lime juice in a bowl.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove cedar planks from beer and place on the grill.
- Grill 2 pieces of salmon per plank.
- While salmon is grilling, glaze with Tapatio hot sauce glaze.
- Grill for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from planks.
- Roughly chop herbs.
- Serve salmon with roughly chopped herbs and scallions.